LESSON: Learning the 7-Point Posture
Children learn to sit in the 7-point posture.
Meditation Posture, WMRI website, Session 5, 5 min
Introduction: 7-point posture of Vairochana
Ask children to sit and guide them through the posture. Ask children who are familiar with the 7-point posture to assist.
- Legs (crossed). Make sure you are comfortable.
- Gently place your hands on your knees or in your lap.
- Sit up straight, pretend there is a string from your head to the sky pulling you up.
- Spread your shoulders like a vulture’s wings.
- Lower your chin (head and neck) slightly.
- Slightly open your mouth, the tip of your tongue touches the palate.
- Your eyes gaze past the tip of the nose.
Seven children each demonstrate a single point of the posture; other children guess which point each child is demonstrating.
One of the instructors sits in the 7-point posture but leaves out one point. Children are asked to guess which point is missing. A child carries on, leaves another point out, the others guess which point is missing, etc.
Also check out our lesson on Learning the 2-Point Posture.