Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche on Buddhist Education
About This Resource
Speaking at the Buddha Educational Foundation in Taipei, Rinpoche presents his vision of a Buddhist education for life. Starting from the premise that all education is brainwashing but we have no choice other than to educate our children, we should pay some attention to how we’re doing this. The current education system is not leading us towards a harmonious world, it simply focuses on degrees and jobs and ends up destroying identity. Buddhist wisdom and method can contribute towards a system that values self-contemplation, being a decent human being, and assists individuals to discover themselves: children, parents and teachers alike. It can teach the truth of interdependence. We don’t necessarily want our children to have a Buddhist education to become buddhist — that’s a limited view — but for decency, to have a life. —from the description below the video on YouTube.
For more information, please visit the SI website: www.siddharthasintent.org
Events with Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche & Middle Way
- An opening message for Middle Way School September 6, 2018
- Buddhist Parenting and Education Part 1, May 25, 2020
- Buddhist Parenting and Education Part 2, October, 2020
- On Harmony, March 29, 2021
- Q & A at the Middle Way School, July, 2021
Here are some other talks by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche we have highlighted.
- Rinpoche on Buddhist Education & Modern Society, in Malaysia, 2014
- The Seven Points of Mind Training, Mexico, 2016