BOOKS: MWE’s Recommended Reading for Kids
Below is Middle Way Education’s list of recommended reading for kids. For our book recommendations for educators, click here.
- Devorsine, Sally. Merci, Perceval (In French, forthcoming in English) (2018). Order from Amazon.
- Devorsine, Sally. Now I Know… series (2011-2014). Order from Amazon.
- Emet, Joseph. Basket of Plums Songbook: Music in the Tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh (2013). Order from Parallax Press.
- Gruhl, Jason. Everything Is Connected (2019). Order from Penguin Random House.
- Loundon Kim, Sumi. Sitting Together: A Family-Centered Curriculum on Mindfulness, Meditation & Buddhist Teachings (2017). Order from Wisdom Publications. For more about this book set, see our review.
- Lendler, Ian. Little Sid: The Tiny Prince Who Became Buddha (2018). Order from Macmillan.
- Metcalf, Franz. Buddha in Your Backpack: Everyday Buddhism for Teens (2002). Order from Amazon.
- Miller, Andrea. The Day the Buddha Woke Up (2018). Order from Wisdom Publications.
- Snel, Eline. Sitting Still Like a Frog (2013). Order from Shambhala Publications.
- Tezuka, Osamu. Buddha, vol. 1-8 (2006). Order from Amazon.
- Thich Nhat Hanh. A Pebble for Your Pocket (2010). Order from Parallax Press.
- Thich Nhat Hanh. Old Path, White Clouds: Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddha (1991). Order from Parallax Press.
- Van Dam, Eva. Milarepa: The Magic Life of Tibet’s Great Yogi (2019 reprint). Order from Shambhala Publications.
- Ware, Marisa. Where’s Buddha? (2019). Order from Shambhala Publications.
- Winston, Diana. Wide Awake: A Buddhist Guide for Teens (2003). Order from Amazon.
- Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and Hayden, Torey. Ziji: The Puppy Who Learned to Meditate (2017). Order from Amazon.