BOOKS: MWE’s Recommended Reading for Educators and Parents
Below is Middle Way Education’s ongoing recommended reading for educators and parents. For our book recommendations for children, click here.
- Crehan, Lucy. Cleverlands: The Secrets Behind the Success of the World’s Education Superpowers (2017). Order from Amazon.
- Eastoak, Sandy. Dharma Family Treasures: Sharing Buddhism with Children (1997). Order from North Atlantic Books.
- Hilliker, Virginia. Making Space for Children: Creating a Sane Environment (2005). Order from Kalapa Media.
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon and Myla. Everyday Blessings: the Inner Work of Mindful Parenting. (1997). Order from Amazon.
- Loundon Kim, Sumi. Sitting Together: A Family-Centered Curriculum on Mindfulness, Meditation & Buddhist Teachings (2017). Order from Wisdom Publications. For more about this book set, see our review.
- Smith, Sue Erica. Buddhist Voices in School: How a Community Created a Buddhist Education Program for State Schools. (2013). Order from Amazon.
- Thich Nhat Hanh. Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children. (Book and CD, 2011). Order from Parallax Press.