Vana: Young Vanavasi Retreat (India)
August 13 - August 18
Explore Vana with new eyes
Wellness is as much about your outlook towards life, nature and the surroundings as it is about your daily practices.
The Young Vanavasi Retreat is a learning experience for children and young adults below sixteen, who come to Vana in the company of their adult family members. Through the program, we encourage the innate love for nature children have, while honing values of compassion, community and personal wellbeing.
Each activity is rooted in the Indian Wisdom and is a step towards building a holistic outlook for our young friends.
Our curated retreat program is replete with activities, learning, experiences and fun. Vana’s spaces are transformed to accommodate our young Vanavasis, and our team is supported with help from the Snehdhara Foundation who specialize in working with children.
Through sessions dedicated to Yoga and Movement, Cuisine, Wellness, Music and various forms of Art, we nurture the creativity of these young minds through thoughtful activities. We also introduce children to ways of thinking about cooking and eating mindfully.
We will be conducting this 5-night retreat every month from May through August on the following dates:
Tuesday, 21st May – Sunday, 26th May
Tuesday, 18th June – Sunday, 23rd June
Wednesday, 17th July – Monday, 22nd July
Tuesday, 13th August – Sunday, 18th August
These retreats will begin from the afternoon / evening of Day 1 and will conclude by lunch time on the last day.
Note: Vana will remain available for Vanavasis who wish to be on our regular retreats of Vana Ashram, Vana Wellness and Vana Lifestyle.
|Room Type||1 Adult||2 Adults|
|Forest Room / Garden Room||30,000||45,000|
|Bodhi Suite / Forest Suite||55,000||70,000|
There will be no charge for Young Vanavasis of 3 years and below. Children above 3 years will be charged at INR 5,000 per child a night. This pricing is applicable when sharing a room with parents / guardians. The charge for an additional room will be INR 15,000 per night.
- Retreat prices are per night and quoted in Indian rupees.
- Maximum occupants per room: 4
- Each room can only accommodate up to 2 adults who may be accompanying our Young Vanavasis.
While each day will involve distinct activities, the overall objective will remain the same: to nourish the minds and bodies of our young Vanavasis through engaging activities that tap in to their natural sense of creativity.
This is an example of a typical day:
|8:00 am – 9:00 am||Movement, Play and Yoga Mindful explorations of our natural surroundings through Sensorial Walks, Tree Stories, and Yoga|
|9:00 am – 10:30 am||Breakfast|
|10:30 am – 12:30 pm||Wisdom and Wonder Making connections with the self and the other through narratives, visual compositions, and playful activities|
|12:30 nn – 1:00 pm||Nature or Cuisine|
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Lunch|
|2:00 pm – 3:30 pm||Free Time or Wellness|
|3:30 pm – 5:30 pm||Open Afternoon Tea|
|3:30 pm – 5:00 pm||Ananda – The Joy of Odissi Dance|
|3:30 pm – 5:00 pm||Natyabodh – Theatre of Consciousness|
|5:00 pm – 5:30 pm||Break|
|5:30 pm – 7:00 pm||Pottery and Clay Modelling Enhancing creativity through hand work and the potters wheel|
|7:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Dinner|
|8:30 pm – 9:15 pm||Fun and Engagement Dancing and communal activities.|
The Retreat Includes
- All cuisine including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- A consultation on arrival and a wellness summary on departure.
- One wellness-weight per adult per night.
- Specially curated activities for our Young Vanavasis and group activities as part of our usual Retreat Program for adults.
- Daily Vana retreat attire including footwear.
- Airport transfers within Dehradun.
- Check-in and check-out times are applicable.
- Cuisine and living spaces will be adapted for our Young Vanavasis.
- Certain spaces in the Retreat will be restricted for children, if they are not considered entirely safe.
- The retreat begins with an orientation session scheduled at 6:00 pm on 21st May; please arrive at Vana accordingly.
- In order to make the sessions as effective as possible, we will divide our young Vanavasis in to broad age groups; for children below the age of three, there will be lighter forms of engagement through the day.
- While the focus of the retreat is certainly on children, specific activites will be curated for parents.
- Free time is an important part of the retreat. We encourage parents to carry swimsuits and books for their children, and take advantage of our badminton and tennis courts.
- We will conclude our retreat with a ‘dress up dinner.’ Please carry one festive/semi-formal outfit for your child(ren) and yourself.
- If this is our first opportunity to welcome you at Vana, please take a moment to review our philosophy and guidelines on www.vana.co.in please pay special attention to The Way of Vana for Vanavasis where you will find our terms and conditions.
- In the past, we have received a few requests from Vanavasis who would like their nannies/ babysitters to accompany their children. We have made special arrangements to accommodate this request, which you can read about here.
The broad schedule of the retreat will follow soon. For a glimpse of our previous Young Vanavasi Retreats, please click here.